Steven Low is a former gymnast, coach, and the author of the Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength (Second Edition). He has spent thousands of hours independently researching the scientific foundations of health, fitness and nutrition. His unique knowledge base enables him to offer numerous insights into practical care for performance and injuries. Steven holds a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry from the University of Maryland, College Park, as well as a Doctorate of Physical Therapy from the University of Maryland, Baltimore. Steven performed with Gymkana, an exhibitional gymnastics troupe. Since then, he has coached Gymkana athletes and serves as a senior trainer for Dragon Door’s Progressive Calisthenics Certification (PCC).
Steven’s training is varied and intense, with a focus on gymnastics, parkour, rock climbing, and sprinting. Feats of strength include: full back lever, full front lever, four one-arm chin-ups on both arms, ten-second iron cross, straddle planche on rings, five reps of +190-lbs. dips, +130-lbs. pull-ups, +70-lbs. strict muscle-up on rings, eight freestanding handstand pushups on paralettes, five hollow back presses, and twenty degrees off full manna. He is currently working on applying his efforts to achieving high level bouldering.
Media and Interviews
- Jan 2012 Reddit AMA
- Dec 2012 Ben Musholt Interview
- Jun 2013 Dragon Door PCC Interview
- Jul 2013 GMB Fitness Podcast
- Jul 2014 Well Rounded Athlete Podcast
- Jan 2017 Reddit AMA
- Apr 2017 Art of Manliness Handstand Article
- Oct 2017 Scott Iardella Podcast
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Question: Do you answer questions about the book?
All questions about Overcoming Gravity and training may be addressed via Reddit. Click on the “Submit a new text post” to ask a question. Private messages will not be answered as all questions are answered publicly so that others may read and learn.
Question: Can I work with you? Do you do training or assist with injuries?
Yes, check out the Consults page to see if Consults are right for you.
Question: I found an error in Overcoming Gravity Second Edition, who do I tell?
If you have found one, please use the submit form below to let me know. Thanks.
Question: I want to learn more about different types of training, where do I start?
Check out our Resources page for books and products that are useful to training.
Question: Will there be a digital edition of the book?
There will be a digital edition release for PDF and epub. As of Sept 2017, the digital edition(s) of OG2 are almost finished. The distribution channels are in the works. Please be patient as this process continues.
Use the sign up form below if you want updates for the digital edition. Otherwise, buy a physical copy of Overcoming Gravity Second Edition.
All other questions may addressed in the contact form. Reminder:
- Do NOT send Overcoming Gravity and training questions below. Go to Overcoming Gravity reddit.
- Do NOT ask about the digital edition of the book. That information about that is in the FAQ above.
- Guest articles: I am accepting articles if they are well researched and not pushing products. I will NOT accept articles about any type of products, unless I’ve tried them myself and believe in them. Only articles about training, nutrition, injuries, or sports will be accepted.